Workplace injuries, accidents and work-related health issues are often preventable. Hazard identification is necessary to pinpoint current and future risks to a company’s workers.
Basin Safety offers a variety of field services for companies seeking professional assistance in the mitigation of health and safety hazards.
Why is hazard identification vital in the oil drilling industry?
Working in the oil industry is sometimes dangerous and can require special crews and equipment. Specifically, hazard identification is vital in the oil drilling industry for these reasons:
- Life or death — Due to the increased likelihood of injury or illness in this field, hazard identification can be the difference between life and death.
- Compliance with federal and state laws — Taking the steps to hire a health and safety consulting company, like Basin Safety, can help ensure that you are up to federal and state laws and codes.
- Decreased chances of lawsuits — With the help of a consulting company, you significantly decrease your own company’s liability in the event of an on-site accident.
What are some potential hazards for oil drillers?
There are several different kinds of hazards within the oil drilling industry. Listed below are just a few of these:
- Machine and vehicle operation.
- Confined spaces.
- Electrical equipment.
- Fires and even explosions.
- Heavy equipment.
- High pressure lines.
- High falls.
How might a consultant at Basin Safety assess an oil drilling environment?
- Hazard identification — Our consultants have been specially trained to be able to identify hazards that may be present within a workplace during thorough inspections. These include inspections of chemical, physical and biological hazards.
- Risk assessment — Next, our consultants address whether these risks pose considerable risks to the health and safety of workers and what actions should be taken to promote increased security. Ergonomic risk factors are also taken into consideration.
- Risk control —At this point in the safety consulting process, changes are made to decrease the risk of danger. For example, a workplace could exercise risk control by implementing safeguards.
Find help learning to identify and address hazards at Basin Safety
Basin Safety could be the perfect fit for your business, if you’re looking for professional assistance in mitigating risk of injury and liability and addressing employee safety. We’re committed to helping companies build a list of their own safety goals and helping them achieve those goals. We also believe in the power of safety metrics, providing adaptive training, promoting safety culture and supporting our customers’ vision.
Contact us today to speak with one of our consultants about our hazard identification training and other safety training services.