Waste haulers provide a necessary service to both commercial and residential property owners. Without them, trash would pile up on the street and in garbage cans, creating health hazards and unsightly conditions. Waste haulers ensure that this does not happen by collecting garbage from homes and businesses and transporting it to landfills or recycling facilities.
What industries do waste haulers serve?
Waste haulers serve a variety of industries. If you are looking for waste removal or want to know what your waste hauler can do for you, here is a list of some of the most common industries served (all industries must adhere to OSHA’s standards) :
- Industrial facilities.
- Manufacturing facilities.
- Retail properties and shopping centers.
- Hospitals and medical centers.
- Business offices and buildings.
- Construction sites.
- Schools and universities.
- Restaurants and food service establishments.
3 benefits companies can experience when they use trained waste haulers
Employees at a company don’t always have the time or know-how to properly dispose of all their waste. If your business has a lot of waste, you may be able to benefit from hiring a trained waste hauler. The following are three key benefits that companies can get from having formally trained waste drivers:
- Expert knowledge — Formally trained waste haulers will understand what chemicals, materials, products, etc., may be classified as hazardous waste. Proper training helps companies avoid paying extra fees for managing hazardous waste when they don’t need to.
- Safety instructions — If you are a company that handles heavy equipment or dangerous materials, your personnel must be trained to control and move the material safely without getting injured. Trained personnel can reduce personal injuries and other hazardous situations.
- Reduced liability — When you have an employee pick up trash from your facility and drive it to the landfill, you are opening yourself up to liability. You are liable for accidents if your driver is unaware of regulations requiring specific equipment, how loads should be secured, or even how to safely operate a forklift. It is less likely that a trained waste hauler will make these mistakes.
Is your company in need of waste haulers? Basin Safety can help
Basin Safety has a training program that can produce high-caliber, trained waste haulers who can be of service to your company. We can train your personnel in a myriad of waste transportation safety, environmental and waste handling skills. Drivers and transporters can take our customized course to learn how to gauge, pump, vent, bond, and navigate severe weather and inadequate road conditions. We even offer state-of-the-art waste data collection and storage options that can help save you time and money.
Developing better safety programs and services is a priority at Basin Safety. This goal is pursued across a broad range of industries throughout the country. Contact us today to learn more about our waste haulers training program and waste management services.