HAZWOPER is an acronym that stands for Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response. It is a set of guidelines set forth by OSHA. The guidelines are meant to regulate hazardous waste and emergency service operations in the U.S.
HAZWOPER is essential to any company that works with, stores, transports, or destroys hazardous materials and substances. OSHA maintains that employees of these types of companies must undergo HAZWOPER training. Training reduces the risk of injury or death from exposure to hazardous materials and other safety risks.
5 operations that require employees have HAZWOPER training according to OSHA
- Cleanup operations — It is necessary for cleanup operations at uncontrolled hazardous waste sites.
- Corrective actions involving cleanup operations — This includes corrective actions involving cleanup operations at sites covered by the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act of 1976 (RCRA).
- Voluntary cleanup operations — Training is required for voluntary cleanup operations at sites recognized by federal, state, local, or other governmental bodies as uncontrolled hazardous waste sites.
- Operations at treatment, storage, and disposal facilities — Training is required for operations involving hazardous wastes that are conducted at treatment, storage and disposal facilities.
- Emergency response operations — Training is required for emergency response operations, including releases of hazardous substances.
Basin Safety can help ensure that your workers receive the HAZWOPER training necessary for your company
Basin Safety could be a great fit for your business if you’re looking for professional assistance in mitigating risk of injury liability and addressing employee safety. We specifically offer HAZWOPER training so that your employees can be OSHA compliant and prepared to handle a work environment that might work with, store, transport or destroy hazardous substances. We’re committed to helping companies build a list of their own safety goals and helping them achieve those goals. We also believe in the power of safety metrics, providing adaptive training, promoting safety culture and supporting our customers’ vision.
Contact us today to speak with one of our consultants about all our safety and compliance services.